Last modified: September 1, 2019
The Moxie Exchange, LLC, a Colorado limited liability company (“Moxie” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Everyday Inclusion mobile application (the “App“), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Moxie collects and processes information through this App on behalf of the Client Partner (as described in the Terms of Service).
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that we collect offline or on any other Moxie apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App, or that you provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, you may provide us with information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, gender and geolocation (“Personal Information“) or information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your job title and your work office location. You control how much Personal Information you provide to us. You are not required to use your legal name to establish your user identity on the App and may create your own moniker.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, completed surveys and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys completed through the App.
- Details of the actions you take through the App.
- Your search queries on the App.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, address book information.
- Location Information. If the service is enabled, this App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device. You are able to opt-out of the collection of certain information. You may update your preferences through the settings feature within the App. Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will cause any location-based features to be disabled.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Moxie, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies, such as Google.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see
To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Moxie’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Moxie about our App users is among the assets transferred.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Create aggregate data and reports which are provided to the Client Partner or its authorized agents. We do not share any Personal Information with the Client Partner. Further, to protect your privacy, we ensure that any aggregate information provided to us is included in a grouping of ten or more collective users before sending any such information to the Client Partner. For example, if your office location has only 6 employees, we will aggregate all information collected from users in your office location with another office location in a similar geographic location.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to analyze combined, non-identifiable data and accumulate such data for analysis and the creation of data points based on certain geographic locations.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
We do not disclose your Personal Information unless we have a good reason to do so. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our trusted affiliates and service providers to process the information for us, such as Google Firebase.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App’s Terms of Service.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Moxie, the Client Partner, our users or others.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Moxie’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Moxie about our App users is among the assets transferred.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings or the settings within the Application. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the App and adjusting your information in the settings function on the App. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.